How to Navigate Our Blog

Please use the Categories section to navigate our blog. You can find it on the right-hand side of the page.

Be sure to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page to catch all the posts for that Category. You may need to refer to the Archives area for older posts.

Finally, don't forget to check out our suggested links at the bottom of the column on the right!

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

About Smartbottom

I am a practical and linear thinker. I prefer to take my time and analyze my thoughts before saying anything, which tends to frustrate Bookly because he's always moving at 100 mph with his own thoughts. It's funny how Bookly and I work - he'd ask "what do you want to do?" and I'd say, "I'm not sure" because I haven't thought about what I'd like to do yet, which prompts Bookly to list a dozen possible things to do, the pros and cons of each, and the likely "cost : enjoyment ratio". But, he leaves the top 2 or 3 possible things to do for me to pick from, once he's narrowed down the options based on our feelings at the moment.

On the Myers-Briggs personality matrix, I’m an ISTJ (Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging - taken in March 2006), and what's interesting about this is that it fits in with what I do in my job at the bank, very systematic and analytical work, and how Bookly and I make most of our collaborative decisions.

Finally, although all of this describes me as exactly opposite to Bookly (even in the Myers-Briggs chart), we find that we compliment each other. Individually, we'd be either too Introverted or Extroverted for our own good. Together, we've learned from each other on how to adapt ourselves for improvement. And voilĂ ! We make a great team! Lucky bastard!

No comments: