How to Navigate Our Blog

Please use the Categories section to navigate our blog. You can find it on the right-hand side of the page.

Be sure to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page to catch all the posts for that Category. You may need to refer to the Archives area for older posts.

Finally, don't forget to check out our suggested links at the bottom of the column on the right!

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

About Bookly

I am an out-of-the-box, always thinking about possibilities kind of guy. The odd thing is, my perceptions are not "glass is half full". So, my possibilities-thinking is driven by planning and preparing to avoid problems. I often wonder what nurtured such a character trait, but for as long as I can remember I’ve enjoyed thinking this way, the "hope for the best, plan for the worst" sort of way. And it has been a benefit to me as a strategic planner in many different ways.

On the Myers-Briggs personality matrix, I’m an ENTP (Extroverted iNtuitive Thinking Perceiving - taken in December 2006). One thing that's interesting about this though is as much of an Extrovert as I am, I need downtime (Introvertedness) in order to recharge. This has been a guilty addiction for me because as a very busy guy (I work: full-time as a strategic planner in the government, part-time for myself as a strategic marketing consultant, and hold a chair on an advisory board for community services in my city) my downtime is valuable. So I spend it with Smartbottom (an Introvert) doing some reading and watching educational and reality shows on TV. But this means I, and we, tend to neglect our friends. The biggest problem is one week is easy to lose track of but with being so busy, three weeks fly by. I know this bothers them, and I hope they understand where I'm coming from and that I am trying to make an effort to change it, but sometimes it just hits me "Damn, it's been 3 weeks already."

Finally, I am also dedicated to smooth communication, spoken or written. For example, when I ask someone a question, I start to listen to their answer and try to think of where they are going in their thoughts. If something seems a little vague or out of place, I will stop the train right there and endeavor to get it fixed instead of hearing it out and giving my best guess to its meaning after the fact. This usually pisses Smartbottom right off, but in the end it makes for clear and logical conversation - smoothness, from which a multitude of ideas and responses sprout forth.

No comments: